Tuesday 10 April 2012

Hormones

Dear Creator......wouldn't you just love to be able to send that sort of letter and know you'd get a response! (Note Creator can be anything you believe)

I would like to know if we are still in the R&D (research and development) phase of the project or is this it. If we decided to change our views on how life should develop on a global scale and went back to a local version. Would that change attitudes to healthcare for the better?! I read an article the other day which suggested GPs didn't have time for diagnosing patients and the task should be handed over to private companies.

On the one hand I wasn't surprised and my work head said yes a great way to progress. But my me head said hold on! I have experienced doctors offering advice when they didn't really know me or my health history and if I listened I would have made myself worse. Personal experience which makes me shudder at a more corporate attitude to health care.

There is a great need for decent administrators and managers to make the paperwork side of things work. What about Nurse Practitioners.....are their skills put to good enough use?! I have met a nurse who was hypothyroid too and she just took her doctors advice and was settling with the negative symptoms of this condition. Mind I have to say it was me getting annoyed with a doctor which made me get off my arse and learn more about what I can do to make my life better. Maybe we trust in GPs too much.

Personally, I think we need more GPs who take a holistic and person centred approach. Any body got any thoughts on the subject?!


Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment