Tuesday 3 April 2012

Potatoes!

Yes, apart from the annoying, but curiously funny mobile phone message by Keith Lemon, I had a wierd experience after dinner last night.

Dinner was slow cooked stewing steak, with a carrot and onion, with a teaspoon of marmite in the stock for flavouring with boiled new potatoes. Yesterday I should explain was a fantastic day. Had gotten up early to start work and had really enjoyed myself tripping through the day. The extra milk thistle in the morning seems to be helping the shakes and vomitting feelings. Anyways to dinner....its one of my favourites. I love potatoes and when I decided, about 8 weeks ago, to minimise carbs potatoes, rice, pasta and bread all went out the window. The other half prefers oven chips and I'm not a big fan. So, I settle down to enjoy the meal. Well, by the end of Eastenders (which was quite dull by the way) my eyelids were getting heavy. I grabbed a snuggly blanket and stretched out on the sofa snoring away. I woke about 10.30pm and dragged myself up to bed. I felt foggy and drained. At some point before the alarm went off I woke up and I felt dizzy. 'Bugger' I say to myself. Still when the alarm goes off its hard to ignore the two dogs who want a wee and their breakfast. I will also mention the tom cat bouncing on me cause he wants feeding to. I think  used the word 'Bugger' a few times this morning. Especially when I realised I had to iron a shirt as well.

I drank a few glasses of water and did some slow breathing exercises and that seemed to help. I got a cup of black coffee and a couple of plain digestive biscuits. This helped even more.  When I got to my destination in London, after a fun trip on the top deck of a number 47 bus, I had an egg and beans. Feeling even better so I walked into the meeting feeling all bright and sparkly.

I can see a massive improvement in form from the begining of the year. My weight is going the right way. I'm sleeping rather than crashing. Mentally its been a bit harder. However, I seem to have turned the corner with that to. I'm not feeling brain fog and I'm getting a kick of the work I'm doing for the Olympics. I love a challenge especially when its something which has never been done before. Just for the record what I need to do to get stuff sorted for the Olympics is a peace of cake the real test is getting everything sorted afterwards. Everyone around me is only focused on the lead up and the main Olympics. I won't break the bad news to them just yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment