Sunday 6 November 2011

Ah well

....another weekend over! The Mrs decided to have a lay in this morning. I'm not at that point just yet. I think when the weather is truly bleak and freezing I'll decide to stay put and watch a good dvd.

Up I got and was a bit industrious. Got the paper. Then sprinkled and scrubed a bit of Vanish into the living room carpet and gave it a good hoovering. Sofas then rubbed down with a special leather protector. I was on a roll so got out the mop and washed the hallway floor. The kitchen floor needs a good scrubbing and I couldn't face doing it all. So I attempted half of it. I used neat Cilit Bang and by gum the dirt sure did go with a bang! Then onto a job I've been putting off (well in my own head anyways) I put up the blind in the kitchen. Very happy with the result although using the right tools is always a plus.

Dinner as every a nice easy going roast. Today I attempted to make yorkshires and whoooo hoooo they were fabulous. Anyone wanting a decent Sunday Roast do make bookings in advance!! lol

The dogs have had bit of a delicate time with the fireworks going off. But thankfully they are happy to cuddle up and take the reassurance offered.

Christmas is coming......a lot quicker than I want but there it is. So, I've got a box sorted in the garage to start collecting up the goodies. 2 boxes of celebrations and a box of After Eights in there already. I've bought some 'special' cider for the Mrs. Now to think about the food for a few days and the best way of getting it all in given Christmas Eve is on a saturday this year. I am definitely of the opinion I DON'T want to be wandering/fighting my way round a supermarket!

No comments:

Post a Comment